Sunday, November 6, 2016

Tiled Cards

Card time! And tile time! I saw some tiles painted using alcohol inks. I decided to go home, pull up a tutorial or two and give it a go. The first stumbling block was not having any alcohol inks to play with. So...I searched for DIY alcohol inks. Seriously...there is a DIY for anything and everything! NOT that I would recommend using any old DIY project... Be sure you look at the reviews! Some of them are hilarious! There was one about how to make your own wipes with paper towels and some kind of liquid. When they mentioned them molding...I laughed, moved on, and decided I would continue to buy baby wipes at the store for my stamp cleaning.

Several tutorials later...a trip to the store for rubbing alcohol, Sharpies, and plastic cups and I was almost in business. A trip to Habitat for Humanity's ReStore for assorted tiles and I was ready!


Colors are not as deep as they are in real life. It was fun to do this!

These will be separated and made into little magnets. #StockingStuffers
 


 
 
 

Envelope of Thoughts
~White base card
~Three layers of DCWV design paper
~Stamp and die - Noteworthy by Richard Garay
~Butterfly stamp
~Paper clip
Inspirations | Challenges
Fusion - sketch
Just Us Girls - word week

Here's to trying new things, drinking wine while working with the kind of alcohol you CAN'T drink, finding tutorials that you can actually stomach watching and supporting my local ReStore!

Thanks for clicking by!

Nancy in Iowa

5 comments:

  1. Great color combo on this beauty! I love the envelope with the thinking of you message, so perfect for our Encouragement Challenge. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card reminds me of all the pleasure of getting a 'real' letter in these days of email. I love how the simplicity of the main image stands out against the more detailed background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tiles and gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tiles are very pretty - good for you to research and actually do the project.. how many things do we look at and never try? SO worth the time! And your card is cute and clever! I love the message peeking out of the envelope!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.